Cleanings & Check-Ups
At SmileMidtown, we'd rather help keep your mouth healthy than fix problems after they occur. Why? Because we don't like drilling into cavities any more than you like having it done.
We encourage you to come in for a routine dental check-up and cleaning every six months. We all know preventive dentistry is a good idea, but in practice sometimes the approach, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", is what wins over. We know it can be inconvenient to schedule appointments, take time off work, and sit in a chair with instruments in your mouth. Here are some of the benefits of regular dental check-ups and cleanings.
- It's the closest thing to a day at the spa for your teeth. Just think about how great it feels to walk out of the dentist's office with a newly cleaned smile. We'll use water jets and/or dental instruments to gently clean your teeth and softly massage your gums. We'll clean everything - even the tough areas that are hard to reach with regular brushing and flossing. And the best part is that check-ups and cleanings don't involve needles or drills.
- Dental check-ups help us avoid bigger problems in the future. This our favorite reason for regular check-ups. When he can examine his patients' teeth every six months, it's a lot easier to catch cavities when they're still small. Preventive dentistry means you'll be less likely to wake up with a swollen, aching jaw. It also means future dental treatments will be easier, less painful, and less expensive.
- Regular visits give us the opportunity to discuss good dental hygiene habits with his patients. He loves the opportunity to teach about how to take good care of teeth and gums. Regular check-ups are perfect times for you to ask any questions you may have about your dental health. What is the best way to floss? How often should you brush? What more can you do to keep your gums healthy?
- Regular dental cleanings help keep your smile white. Just because of everyday life, teeth tend to become stained and lose their natural shine over time. Regular cleanings can help slow this process. If you feel your teeth have already become a little darker than you're comfortable with, we can schedule you for an in-office teeth whitening along with your cleaning. It only takes about an hour and the results will be beautiful.
- Check-ups are part of a dental health regiment that will keep teeth healthy for years to come. We realize that patients who take the time to visit on a regular basis have a much easier time staying motivated to care for their teeth properly. The result is that their teeth and gums stay healthier longer. They are less likely to have to worry about losing teeth when they're older and requiring implants or dentures.
If you aren't currently visiting the dentist on a regular basis, contact us to schedule your first cleaning and exam. The staff of SmileMidtown will help you remember to come in for check-ups every six months.